Healthy Living Tips
from the Villa Assisted Living Care Team
Veterans & Spouses are Potentially Eligible for Senior Care Assistance
The VA Benefit can Pay for Assisted Living Rent
Up to 1.6 million War Time Veterans and their spouses may qualifty for VA Benefits, paid for by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The “Aide and Attendance” program provides extra payments to qualified veterans who live in a licensed Assisted Living Community such as VA Benefits Explained.
You can use the VA payment to cover safety, rent, meals, and assistance with daily living at one of The Villas. Imagine the benefit of having an extra $1,432 to $3,536/month to assist with senior care for you and/or your spouse!
You may apply directly with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Villa is working with Patriot Angels, a company whose sole purpose is to help you qualify for this benefit.
Who is Eligible?
1. Veterans over 65, who served during war time, with a general, medical or honorable discharge.
2. A surviving spouse, married to the qualified Veteran at the time of death.
3. Needs some care assistance, or a protected living environment.*
4. Assets less than $123,600, excluding home value and personal property .*
5. Must not be receiving a benefit for wounds suffered during service.*
War Time Service Dates
World War I
April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918
World War II
December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946
June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1955
August 5, 1964 to May 7, 1975 (Boots on ground begins 1955)
Persian Gulf War
August 2, 1990 to December 31, 2026
What would an extra $1,432 – $3,536 a month do for you?
Patriot Angel Role
1. A free “initial evaluation” to verify you
qualify for this benefit.
2. Help you identify and collect all the
3. Review and organize your documents to
confirm eligibility and support approval.
4. If eligible, they will charge a one-time
$1,195 fee for a pre-filing consultation
and Long Term Care Assessment with a
VA accredited attorney
5. Submit your application to the VA, and
track the process until a benefit is awarded.
1. Villa is a licensed assisted living community and meets all the requirements for this program.
2. Residing at Villa will help your application clearly meet the need for care assistance during review by the VA.
3. Payments you make to Villa can also
potentially be used as an “offset” to the
monthly income limits of the program
under some circumstances.
What Are Next Steps?
Call Villa Owner Lisa Witt at 505.480.7933 or email LisaW@VillaAssistedLiving.com
1. Call Erin Walker, Community Relations
Manager at Patriot Angels:
Office Phone: 844-757-3047
Direct Line: 615-656-7245
2. In a week, Erin will complete a
preliminary screen to see if you
qualify. If so, she will connect you with
other Patriot Angels staff to continue
collecting and evaluating additional
3. The VA review process can take 3-4
months after completing the formal
4. The VA benefit will be back-dated,
effective to the date of submission.
If your application is submitted on
January 1st and approved on April 1st,
you will receive the benefit back-dated
to January 1st.
Are you a veteran or spouse of a veteran?
FREE INFO FLYER
Download our FREE information flyer about how veterans’ benefits can help pay for assisted living.